Because today I went running for the 2nd time in three years (both times in the past week, it's not that it takes me that long to recover!) and everything hurts.
Because I've spent the past three hours cleaning and tidying and I find it quite mind numbing...
See? running shoes.
I can't stop eating tomatoes.
On rice cakes and a veil of mayonnaise.
And those have got nothing to do with it but are my new shoes and they are beautiful soft and comfortable. (gosh I'm so pale).
if you give your children a blue slushy what comes out the other end... it's not blue but green. Bright green. It frightened No 3 to death (he called me crying from the toilette, "mum my pooh is green!"). Sorry a bit TMI but quite funny. I'll call it a life lesson; blue things are not meant to be eaten!
I apologies for the prolonged and unannounced absence but I had good reasons:
- half term descended upon me not without notice I admit, but the true power that three children have to swallow time meant 'survival' mode took over.
- So, we survived half term, in fact I can go as far as saying it was a good one. We even managed to meet up with dear friends and their offspring for a long cycle ride... which the offspings survived much more unscathed than we did.. ehm...
- The boys have been back in school for a week but I spent this time covered in 'skylon grey' paint (Kevin McCloud for Fired Earth). The lounge is now done - give or take the odd radiator still unpainted, or the skirting board behind the sofa still to do... - and it looks mighty nice. Oh there are no curtains either but I'm so proud of how well I filled in the holes left by the old ghastly curtain rail that I'm very happy to stare at the smooth wall for a while!
- And curtain shopping can be fun, right?
- I went to see 'Skyfall'. Brilliant. Sigh.
- I finished one Xmas present, started another two and have the material for a 4th. No pressure here.
- I also finished the Halloween quilt - minus handsewing the binding, but I figure Halloween will come 'round again next year, so what's the rush?
- I have a new wreath on my door
- of course I didn't make it.
- It was 'book day' at school today, this is how No 2 went in, (note how 'tidy' he is already)
("Boy in a dress" by David Walliams)
- because of course he hates being the centre of attention. (when I left him in the playground he was trying to sell his dress to a gaggle of girls...)
- my little shrinking violet.
- Knitting club starts again in approx 45 minutes.