- It's not particularly early, but I'm alone in the kitchen drinking coffee.
- No 1 is at a sleepover (although how much sleep will 3 13yrs old in a bedroom with an xbox is a matter of debate. AND the reason why he'll never have electronics in his own bedroom at home.)
- Mr M is still asleep.
- No 2 is still asleep.
- No 3 is destroying valuable brain cells watching inane television.
- Lilli the dog has gone back to sleep.
- Did you know that Marimekko has launched a limited range of clothes at Banana Republic? Gorgeous.
- Did you know that when you have boys sooner or later you'll find yourself going to the movies to watch 'Godzilla'? And what's more, you'll enjoy it?
- I've entered another 'I'm-so-bored-with-food' period and so this weekend I've tried new recipes. Three of them were from the book: Nigellissima. We ate:
Meatzza (terrible name, easy food that your children will love and won't complain about)
Macaroni and cheese all'Italiana (although the main ingredient was gruyere cheese, which is not exactly Italian... you go figure)
Pasta risotto with peas and pancetta (the high content of bacon made the boys forget about the 'peas' bit)
- And then last night, thanks to Pinterest, I made 'eggplant patties'; you can find the recipe here. Mine did not look as pretty as those... BUT they were delicious. So delicious that even No 2 ate one, and he "hates" auberginese/eggplants/melanzane... whatever. But I got him there. Mum 1 - child 0.
- Also trawling through Pinterest I stumbled upon this artist: Cayce Zavaglia. It seems incredible to me that anyone can make beautiful things like this. Was I in the toilette when they handed talent out? Geesh... Please do check her out. There is also a very interesting short video here.
- gratuituous photos of red tulips on my kitchen table. (Love them. My wedding bouquet was made entirely of tiny white tulips, Mr M filled the hotel room with yellow tulips when we got engaged, and red tulips remind me of my grandmother and her garden.)