(what??? so soon???)
- Usually it is Monday that catches me unaware... this time is the weekend.
- 1 rugby match, 2 hockey trainings, 1 archery competition, 1 rugby training,
- 1 dinner out
- 1 trip to the airport.
- a sewing session. (well, if I write it down it might just happen!)
- Yes, Spanish boy who started speaking a little is leaving us tomorrow; it'll be strange without him around. No, he hasn't started packing. Yes, his stuff if strewn all over the house.
- I was busy preparing dinner the other day when I heard No 3 muttering something to himself... "mum, can I have this sweet that my friend has given me?", a pause, then this: "... no artificial colours or sweeteners... I bet it tastes disgusting".
- why do I bother with organic fruit and vegetables? with homemade cakes and cookies?
Next time I'll eat them all myself and buy him pink wafers instead. (Which is what I nearly did anyway - with the help of Spanish boy who started speaking and loves chocolate cookies. I meant the 'eating part', not the 'pink wafers' part)
- Incidentally No 1 survived on a diet of white food (grated apple, cooked apple, cheese and yogurt for about 6 months when he was little... so when he moved on to PINK biscuits I was elated... bring on the food colouring I don't care, I was so bored of white food!).
- Now he denies he's ever had anything to do with anything pink.
- Sure, dear.
- This week has also seen the first session of the 2nd hand uniform store at school. Me and few friends are in charge (hilarious thought, I know. Me in charge of anything, ha ha).
- We had somebody handing in a bag of coats that must have been used for dogs blanket for the past five winters. Gross.
- We had somebody tricking one of my co-volunteers into making her pay much less of what she was due. Who 'steals' from the school her child attends???? I mean, it's not that we're not going to see her ever again. Weird.
- We had somebody who bought a new jumper for her daughter, asked her to take off the old one and hand it to me to sell! Still warm!! Huber gross.
- It's a jungle out there, people.
- A jungle filled with people with no sense of shame.
- Changing the subject very swiftly: my mother in law has taken up painting/drawing at 73:
How gorgeous is that? (And the size... so brave... 1m x1m)
- Have a good weekend!