A random catch up, mainly about food.
- I'm craving spelt bread
- We went through two jam tarts in 4 days.
- No 2 baked cupcakes all by himself without any help apart from the oven part. There are no surviving specimens; the last few have gone to school under the pretenses of 'snacks'. Apparently because they're homemade they're 'healthy'... mmmhh jury is out on that one.
- The brownies recipe in the first issue of The simple things, is brilliant. Even if you decide to omit the raspberry because they're way too sophisticated for your offsprings' basic taste. A small warning: it makes an enourmous amount of brownies... which is good or bad depending if you're trying to squeeze into last winter's clothes or not. Just saying.
- These crisps are simply divine. Go out and buy some now. NOW. GO.
- My oldest friend came to see me this week (we first met in primary school and were pretty much inseparable for the five years we lived in the same town but we kept in touch ever since). She's pregnant with her first. How exciting is that???? I'm getting to sew pretty baby things again... and knitting tiny socks...
- And talking of sewing my handheld blender needed a new suit; I obliged with a little help from Lotta:
- Europe won The Ryder Cup (golf) yesterday. Soooo exciting.