First of all a 'Pandoro' is a traditional Italian Christmas cake. It's traditionally plain, light buttery sponge, although the one I have here has chocolate in it as well... (oops)
So this is what you do:
1) if you're a kid you fight with you brothers/sister for the right to the box. It makes an excellent cardboard helmet.
2) Inside the box there's the cake wrapped in a thick plastic bag and a sachet of fluffy, powdery vanilla sugar:
3) Open the bag and pour all the sugar on top of the pandoro like this:
4) close the bag and give it a good shake!
5) now grab a big serrated knife and slice yourself a big piece and eat it,
6) and then eat another one.
7) go for a long walk to burn off the calories...