The season of lost items has started in earnest. I don't know what it is with people around here but as soon as it gets a little colder they start leaving stuff behind like there's no tomorrow.
So I was in my studio sewing away when in a break in between songs (digital country radio.. the best, only allowed to listen to it in my room or with headphones... hashtag myfamilymembershavenotasteinmusic) I started to listen to a conversation No 1 was having on Skype.
Whilst playing with online with his friends.
Whilst texting some other friends.
Whilst watching something on his ipad.
(he's over-stimulating/no wonder he's often bored)
So this is how it went. (Names have been changed to preserve anonimity)
"Kevin, you pooh!"
"There it is"
"Oh oh oh get rapped"
"You need to learn the comands"
"It's a fish not a bat!"
"It's gone under"
"I got one"
And my favourite...
"You're not using regulation weapons".
I gave up after that and looked absently out of the window (I have a crap view... the neighbours fence) reminiscing about the lovely chubby cheeked boy who loved trains and reading books. For a while I almost anchored after Thomas the Tank... (Only for about 6 seconds... hate it. Hated it. Will always hate it)
(I have never bought my children toy guns. Never. I really want you to know that.)
I sighed and turned the music up louder. And closed the door.
I've also just killed the 25,878,473th plant of basil. Don't know what's wrong with me but I just can't seem to keep the blasted things alive. Don't tell the basil police.
- The world was starting to look strangely soft-focus... I know have a pair of driving glasses AND stronger reading glasses.
- Getting old is expensive.
- Trying glasses on is only fun when you don't actually have to buy glasses. When you do it becomes very stressful and nothing feels right.
- I have a big spaghetti squash and have not idea what to do with it. I doubt my kids will eat it.
- We're having sausages and mash for dinner.
- I've recorded Downton Abbey but haven't had the chance to watch it yet.
- DON'T say anything about it.